- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chiles
NOTE HERE: I don't like olives so I left them out AND I left out the jalepeno pepper---the sauce was PLENTY hot without it, but hey, you decide :)
- 5 pitted green olives
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 pound shredded cooked chicken meat
I put 3 large chicken breasts in the crockpot on low and let them cook all day...voila, they were ready and perfect when I was ready to make the chimis...
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- Pour the cream of chicken soup into a blender along with the green chiles, olives, jalapeno, and lime juice. Puree until smooth, then pour into a saucepan, and warm over medium-low heat while proceeding with the recipe.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and taco seasoning until well blended. Fold in the chicken. Evenly divide mixture among the 8 tortillas. Fold each tortilla into a rectangular packet around the filling.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry 4 chimichangas at a time until golden brown, then drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- To serve, place a chimichanga on a plate, and ladle the warm sauce overtop. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and green onions. Finish with a dollop of sour cream.
I hope you love them! You'll have to let me know!
Have a great day you all!