Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Kupcakes for Kids and JoyCakes

I had the really cool privilege of being involved in a fundraiser some students at HHS put on this weekend to benefit the hopeful building of our local children's hospital.  You can read the article HERE.(I even got a little shout out on page 2!)
The cool thing is, one of the girls' dad's (Mr. Mike Steele and graphic artist extraordinaire) designed this logo for me...
I mean really, isn't that the cutest thing ever??

I made three kinds of cupcakes
The chocolate one is a chocolate cupcake with a chocolate ganache filling and a chocolate ganache icing...yeah, they were delicious, even if I do say myself.  The other one shown is a vanilla with a hulled-out center and a strawberry in the middle with a lime confectioner glaze!


Last but not least, a MAGNOLIA vanilla cupcake with vanilla buttercream icing and toasted sweet coconut...for the season.  

I had a great time even though I was exhausted!  I will definitely admit that wonder woman I am NOT, and if I ever get to open my own little pastry shop, I'm taking applications ASAP!

1 comment:

  1. love the logo!!!! i think its time to go into business!!!

    ReplyDelete