Thursday, April 14, 2011

Life is Short...Use Your Grandmother's Silver

Or at least that's my motto...

I've been doing some cleaning and organizing which lead me to look for a better way to store my grandmother's silver given to me after she died.  That's when I decided, why STORE it just to bring it out only for special occasions??

I do love my Oneida cala lily...

...but I've used it every day for the last 20 years.  It's what I registered for when I was getting married,  and although I still think it's lovely, I'm a little over it.

So, I pulled out Grandma's beauties

...and decided these lovely pieces are going in the drawer.  I'm going to use them everyday!

Do you have something old that you use all the time just for the love of it?


1 comment:

  1. That's such a good idea. I have all my grandmother's silver - both the silverware and the tea set - and I need to use it.

    ReplyDelete