Friday, October 15, 2010

A Hole in My Heart

On this day, one year ago, at 5:15 pm, I sat by my precious Daddy's side, one hand on his chest as it rose and fell with labor, and one hand in his hand, and watched as Jesus came and accompanied his sweet soul to heaven.  It was one of the most beautiful and amazing moments of my lifetime. 

Several people have asked me if I thought today would be hard.  Yes, it is difficult, but so are the days when the sorrow comes like a wave, out of nowhere.  I miss him terribly but love the legacy that he left. One of determination, perserverance, hard work, loving what is right (well, and loving TO BE right...I think I got that from him for sure!) but most importantly, loving the Lord and believing in His goodness. 

Today I honor him.  I celebrate his life and I rejoice in the love he gave me. 

Joy~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment