Wednesday, June 22, 2011

For the Love of Scones

I love scones.  I must say, they are definitely a newer love of mine.  I grew up with biscuits and cake, pies and homemade breads and lots of baked goods, but never had a scone, until about 6 years ago.  They are so wonderful because they are like all those yummy pastry things rolled (or rather kneaded) into one!

Now, maybe you don't think of yourself as a baker, but don't let these little darlins intimidate you.  Martha Stewart says, "The secret to making delicate scones is handling the dough as little as possible" (marthastewart.com), and she's right.  The less you mess with them, the better they are! So, here are some of my favorites:


Glazed Lemon Scones
I made these just yesterday...lemon and summer are one of my favorite combos.  Now, I WISH I could tell you where I got this recipe originally.  The bottom of the torn out page of a magazine says FAMILY FUN so when I googled to investigate, I found the exact recipe and picture on a Disney Family website, so who knows?!  Either way, you can get the recipe by clicking HERE.

Another favorite is, of course, from Martha.  I've made these several times and they are no-fail too:


Blueberry Scones www.marthastewart.com

I got this recipe from a Martha Stewart Living, but you can find it HERE.

And, if you just want to keep things simple, and I do love simple, you can find these at Target!



I've had cranberry and vanilla. They usually have several varieties and they are delicious!

Try them and let me know how you LOVE them!






1 comment: