Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Great Outdoors

A hundred years ago, or so it seems, right after my divorce, the girls and I lived in a little townhouse.  It had a little patio outback just big enough for a little table, some chairs and a flowerpot or two.  I loved that little patio.

When I saw this picture
Centsational Girl


it made me think of the dinner parties I threw back there.

I used 
red toile fabric and creamy muslin to cover EVERYTHING!  (that way you can use a cheapy patio table and some folding chairs!)  If only I had taken pictures....
Another favorite was some Martha Stewart Everyday dishes that I bought at KMart right after my divorce (2 4-piece place settings on clearance). They looked kind of like these:
I still use them all the time.  They are definitely one of my favorite things.
What's your favorite summer treasure?



1 comment:

  1. Joy,
    Thanks for your comment on my blog!!! :) AND it looks like I've found a great blog to read!!
    Brooke
    from Thrifty Southern Living

    ReplyDelete