Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Flower Clips and Thrift Store Finds!

In my last post I told you about flowers I wanted to make for my hair.  Well, since necessity is the mother of invention and it was necessary that I have something to do while sitting through  enjoying waiting for Miss Lyl in her two-day speech and debate tourney, I decided crafting would be a good use of time.  One problem...the flowers I wanted to make, seen HERE require burning the material.  Something told me it  probably wouldn't be a good idea to whip out a lighter in the middle of a high school auditorium!  Can you say SPRINKLERS?  So, I kind of played around and came up with these:

Miss Lyl




My favorite--black and red houndstooth


The girls had to dress professionally and weren't allowed to wear them in their hair, but were allowed to wear them on their suits to compete.  I was so thrilled especially that teenage girls wanted them!  Check back because I'll be posting a tutorial in the next few days.


While out of town in the beautiful south, Charlotte to be exact, I hit up a local thrift store and came up with these little finds all for less than 10 dollars!

I received a basket just like this for a wedding gift, but somewhere along the way...oh well, I love this one!


So lovely!


You guessed it, I'm taking this thing apart and spray painting this baby silver!
And, last but not least...

(haha. Note the sale stickers still adhered)



 I have NO idea what I'm going to do with this lovely gem...Any ideas?  Post them here and we'll redo together!

Joy~~~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you whipped up those amazing flowers during a debate tournament! BTW, your girls look so cute & professional!
    Love your thrift store finds! I think that bust needs to be mod podged with something... like newspaper or another black & white print...

    ReplyDelete