Wednesday, January 19, 2011

She's On To Me

She's on to me...Beverly, that is.  Beverly is my mother and the name I call her when she's in trouble or I'M in trouble.  You know, like, "Beverly, why did scrape the ice on your driveway by yourself instead of waiting for someone else to do it".  Or, "Beverly, you're not going to believe what I did".  Well, Beverly is on to me...

As most of you know, my dad passed away a little over a year ago.  My mom, (Beverly, haha) who is VERY super organized is quite the opposite of my dad so she's been cleaning out, rearranging, throwing away, donating, getting rid of etc. lots of his STUFF.  Now, this man had lots of STUFF--I would say he may have been on the verge of hoarding, but hey, I'm good with that.  I say if a man thinks he needs 25 boxes of floppy discs in 2009 he should have them!  More than anything my dad loved BOOKS!  Oh, my I wouldn't even venture to guess the number he had! I've taken many to use, as have my brothers, sister, family friends, local pastors and pastors-to-be, but they dwindle in number and as Beverly gets rid of them, I think I'd rather take them than some random stranger have them...Thus the book wreath I made that you can see HERE!

Well, I made the mistake of showing her the book cover chandelier I saw at Anthropologie...remember?


and as I was pulling books off Dad's shelf, she said, "You're not going to cut all those books up are you?".  My reply, "Not ALL of them!"  Ornery I know, but the thought of having Daddy's books hanging over my head everyday gives me some yummy thrill. 

So, yeah, she's on to me...:)

Joy~~~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this! Your treasured piece will be amazingly priceless and filled with love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those books will be the PERFECT books to use for your chandelier! What a wonderful reminder of your sweet daddy and all his "stuff"! :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete